Procedures regarding quarter grades, in some cases, vary by building. Where that is true, it is noted below.
- In all buildings, the maximum percent and the maximum score that a student can earn for the quarter, for a mid-term exam, and for a final exam is 100.00. While grading systems in the North Pocono School District do allow grades for individual assignments to exceed 100.00 and do allow extra-credit assignments, both of which can result in an average of greater than 100.00 being calculated for a quarter or exam, it is the teacher's responsibility to adjust the quarter/exam percent and score to no more than 100.00.
- Procedurally, teachers must post both a score and percentage in their grade book for the quarter. If a teacher uses the POST feature in Infinite Campus, scores and percentages will automatically populate in the respective columns. When this procedure is complete, teachers must check for scores and percentages over 100% and adjust them to no more than 100. If teachers have no assignments in the Infinite Campus grade book and just manually enter a quarter grade, the teacher must enter BOTH a score and a percent. The percentage column may not be left blank or else a final average will not calculate.
- When using the POST feature in Infinite Campus, scores and percentages will automatically populate in the respective columns. When this procedure is complete, a teacher may elect to alter the posted (earned/calculated) score. If the teacher does so, he/she MUST also change the percentage to match the value of the score. Once again this is necessary to calculate a final average correctly (because final averages are calculated from the percentage, not the score).
- In all buildings, a grade of "Incomplete" or "I" is calculated into a student's average as a zero (0). There are a variety of situations that can lead to a grade of "Incomplete," but the grade itself is a placeholder and should be ultimately (and certainly before final averages are calculated) replaced with a permanent grade (whether a number, letter, or excused grade). The building principal has the ultimate say on when a grade of "Incomplete" must be replaced with a different grade.
- Minimum scores/percents that can be posted for a quarter vary by building.
- In the high school, teachers may not post a quarter score or percent lower than 50.00, without the building principal's approval.
- In the middle school, teachers may not post a quarter score or percent lower than 50.00 without the building principal's approval.
- In the intermediate and elementary schools, teachers may not post a quarter score or percent lower than 60.00 without the building principal's approval.